Over 25 Years of Veterinary Experience
Dr. Junia Borden Childs graduated with honors from University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine in 1981, and has been continuously practicing veterinary medicine for over 25 years—13 years in conventional medicine and specializing in holistic veterinary medicine for over 12 years.
- Began her career as a shelter veterinarian at the Atlanta Humane Society and went on to own and operate two full service veterinary hospitals in Atlanta.
- Founded the first holistic/intergrative animal hospital in the city of Atlanta in 1994.
- Co-founder and Secretary-Treasurer for both the Georgia Holistic Veterinary Medical Association (1994-96) and the Washington Holistic Veterinary Medical Association (1997-98).
- Received training in Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture at Bastyr University in Seattle—the premier naturopathic university in the US.
- Trained and certified in Veterinary Medical Acupuncture by Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Maintains a house call practice specializing in natural therapies for animals in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties in California, since 1998.